Heyo Knights - BorderKO is here.

Kobe

Head GM
Staff member
Jan 21, 2020
Heyo knights. I've been thinking how to proceed further with the server and I'm looking for some feedback on that.
Our last server Oasis was active for only 3 weeks before losing majority of the players and quite frankly it's not something that we want or that it makes things easier for us. Our staff team was active basically 24/7 for the first month than we kinda took a break after seeing nobody is playing anymore. As long as there are players we are active and after i saw OASIS can't be saved i also sent Turkish/Spanish GM on hold, because they were not needed.

We just don't want to stop giving entertinment to the players and it would be much easier for us that the players stay on the server for longer time so we don't have to keep reopen server because it takes a lot of effort,money, planning and so on. It's a game that we are providing and as you saw we didn't do nothing wrong or crazy to make people leave.

I hope you understand that opening a new server with high population is not easy and cheap and every time we have to do that we are not happy about it, but once the players starts playing the server we feel that hard work is justified.

Current planning for the server.

1) Improve the client performance
2) Redesign the game and make it Light Farm MYKO
3) Implement the features in early stages
4) Recreate the entire system
5) Compensate purchases to donators
6) Hand out special rewards.

We can promise a stable server, fun server with a lot of players on the start. But it's up to the players how loyal will they be to the server. I think you saw it in Oasis that we didn't do anything that would make people quit. (Expect for some performance issues that will be improved now) So i want to say we will deliver the server again, better, more fun, more players but in the end it's about the players how long will the stay on the server. If it's 1 month, well than we will have 1 month of fun and we will have to reopen again, if it's 6 months or a year, it makes it easier for us and we'll be more happy about it. The most important thing is that you have fun playing a game, game is not your life and you play it for fun and there is tons of servers you can choose from.

Oasis had some mistakes in game design, advertisement, events, client performance but luckly those things can be fixed as you saw we've been updating oasis every few days with great improvements, but we saw the flaws and we'll be improving it.

Now the question for you is

- Do you support our work on BorderSOFT?
- Do you want to play it again?
- What do you think we should do to improve?

I'll be posting and updating you with more informations, we might have a PK beta soon with great rewards.

Regards.

oasis

Nov 1, 2020
1 - I definitely approve the work ethic on BorderKO where GMs were active all the time and hardworking
2 - If I to play KO again, yes
3 - Improve your client first for sure then the biggest reason why your server died in 3 weeks was the boss respawns being at the exact time and location where the same players (10-20 players in general) killed all the bosses and the rest had no items for master and everybody left the server when you gave “master” a go. I suggest you to consider single players and ordinary clans(those who come to play for fun unlike those who won’t sleep for 72hours). If they don’t have any branch to hold onto, only few clans dominate the server. And to me, loosing those individuals are a big lose!

Reactions: Sung and Kobe
Jun 4, 2020
Hell
Honestly, as a KO player for more than 10 years, and I've been playing on these new private servers, what people want from a server is being hard. What does hard mean? Well basically, low drop rates, hard exp and so on. People seek that nostalgia, If you're gonna make it light farm, make sure you add a goal, a purpose to the players, If it's gonna be too easy, people are gonna get bored and eventually leave the server.

I can help and give out few tips if you want to! Looking forward to this, so far I'm a big fan of y'all work!

MatheoN

Jun 9, 2020
This is Knight Online. Dont make ''EASY''. live the nostalgia.

1- Light Farm is pretty bad.
2- Improve and demonstrate that Client works perfectly.
3- Fix the all bugs.
4- keep your words then give all real cash or KC prizes.
5-Most of people do not want new client. I mean, Bahamut etc., new USKO items, New Usko Lobbies such as. Do original and live the nostalgia.

These problems had on Oasis. Hence, Oasis was a good server

Reactions: Nero, Sung and Kobe

CokeMaster

Feb 5, 2020
Bulgaria
Well i agree. Its all for fun and as long as we get some refund on old donations and you keep improving the server you should reopen. Players always play different games so its normal all servers will die sometimes. I played many server and a lot of time i quit after 1 week so if you have energy just gogo reopen let us some fun.

1) yea farm must be harder but not too hard
2) you should open more events in begining and make max level no need for stages
3) maybe TL reward to attract players?

and im here to support whatever you need because its the only server with gms online all the time and making fun... My suggestions dont wait with events give people fun and maybe lower drop rate

SaitamaChan

Feb 22, 2020
Overall it was a decent server however I do agree with most of the comments I myself am looking for that nostalgic feel. So hard server is actually healthy the problem was for sure client has to be optimised better with characters balance maybe this time put all stages into one so that we know there's things to do. Because if you cap us eventually we will all be same power and I want to have advantage if i worked for it. Bugs there were some event bugs , bugged event is like giving us blue balls and last but not least knight online community hopping servers we all like fresh starts so that we have at least a feeling of being able to achieve strongest position but that's just meta how to break that probably with more official step being bigger name. That's all from me don't get me wrong I had fun and ill definitely visit this server on relaunch date.

Reactions: Kobe and Sung

cuchillito

Jul 26, 2020
Yo solo quiero aportar un pequeño comentario, en español y es que yo fui de los pocos que se quedaron jugando hasta el final en el servidor pasado, y me di cuenta que pasó exactamente lo mismo esta vez, solo que más rápido, uno de los problemas más graves fue que desde un inicio no se dió ningún tipo de respaldo a los jugadores que aportamos en el servidor antiguo, y ahora deberíamos empezar de cero y gastar otra vez en un servidor donde la premium duraba más que el server, el server tuvo problemas desde el inicio y francamente quisiera jugarlo pero si nos olvidan a los jugadores que queremos jugar y van abriendo servidores así como así entonces seguirán en un círculo vicioso, saludos. PDT: kobe nunca me respondiste los mensajes que te envié cuando tenía dudas en el otro server.

Reactions: Kobe

Kobe

Head GM
Staff member
Jan 21, 2020
Yo solo quiero aportar un pequeño comentario, en español y es que yo fui de los pocos que se quedaron jugando hasta el final en el servidor pasado, y me di cuenta que pasó exactamente lo mismo esta vez, solo que más rápido, uno de los problemas más graves fue que desde un inicio no se dió ningún tipo de respaldo a los jugadores que aportamos en el servidor antiguo, y ahora deberíamos empezar de cero y gastar otra vez en un servidor donde la premium duraba más que el server, el server tuvo problemas desde el inicio y francamente quisiera jugarlo pero si nos olvidan a los jugadores que queremos jugar y van abriendo servidores así como así entonces seguirán en un círculo vicioso, saludos. PDT: kobe nunca me respondiste los mensajes que te envié cuando tenía dudas en el otro server.
No creo que eso sea cierto. He estado respondiendo los comentarios todo el tiempo y, aunque no puedo hablar español o turco, estaba usando el traductor de Google para ayudarte. Tal vez olvidé responder algunos mensajes en español o turco porque no entendía, pero había soporte en español - Sung y soporte en turco - Nero. En cuanto a tus donaciones y compras siempre te las devolvemos, así que si abrimos un nuevo servidor recibirás una compensación porque eso es justo.

As for the other feedbacks in english, I'm reading it all and learning from it. Thanks for that and i'll reply exactly based upon your feedbacks so everything you wrote will include in the new posts to answer and prepare the future of BorderKO.

Reactions: RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD